Thursday, January 13, 2011

CrapShoot 2011: A look back at some of the bad films of 2010

 
When speaking about theater experiences, I typically end up praising my experience in regards to the quality of the film itself. This is because I am not only relatively undemanding in terms of my service (as long as I get the ticket and the projector and sound system are operating appropriately I can careless about concessions) but I am highly selective about the films that I go to watch. Surprises today are rare; if something looks like crap, 9 times out of 10, it ultimately will be. Researching trailers, actors, directors, reviews and budgets are a surefire way of avoiding what everybody else wants to waste their time whining about. I don’t bother going into bad films intentionally because being assaulted with poor performances, bad dialogue, horrendous direction and an overall poor product in a dark room for 2 hours after forking over $5-$15 is a form of torture, not entertainment.
 
That being said, I’ve dodged a lot of bullets in 2010 and now it’s time to pay my dues. Before I begin to truly take in all of the glory of the new year, I think I should learn to appreciate what I truly did get in the old. So join me starting on Sunday, January 16, as I kick off a new year and a new semester of school by watching 8 days (1 movie per night) of some of the more poorly received mainstream movies of 2010 to see just how far I truly stayed in the safe zone last year. Reviews, whether scathing or (however unlikely) complimentary will appear after the night of the viewing.
 
From bad comedies, to generic kids movies, to stupid action, I am prejudice against no genre in what I like to call “CrapShoot 2011”. What films should you expect? Read the reviews and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment