Sunday, March 12, 2017

Quarterly Update


That wonderful time for a blog post about future blog posts.


Normally I only tend to do one of these preceding some sort of shift in content output or major undertaking but since this is probably the first time I’ve missed weekly posting in quite a while, I figured I might as well offer a little bit of explanation to see if I can’t keep up the steady pace that I’ve been going at all year.

For a few years now, I’ve been operating Crapshoot and to some extent even my top 10 lists of the previous year around the notion that the first 3 months of the year are largely devoid of worthwhile movies to review, making it a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the dumping ground season while saving time and money that would have been spent in theaters.

Between “Zootopia” making my best of 2016 list, a post looking back at the X-Men saga inspired by the release of Deadpool, and the fact that I was actively debating with myself to force out the rest of Crapshoot 2017 or rush out a “Kong: Skull Island” review one week after reviewing “Logan,” this is clearly not so much the case anymore.

Thusly I’ve been trying to fall into an alternating schedule that can allow me to get both posted in a timely fashion. As such, I’ll be saving my thoughts on “Skull Island” for an upcoming Lightning Round before transitioning to normal weekly reviews as well as other projects such as more installments of Hidden Treasure, Never Happily After, and the announcement of that unnamed project I’m working on; it’s coming along, I just have a lot of research to do on how I’m presenting it before I unveil its development to the public.

As for Crapshoot 2017, expect the finale of it to come around by the end of next week. Truth be told, I’m actually putting the final touches on it as I type this update.

Unfortunately, the final films of this year, as reflective of 2016 in general were a very special kind of bad. Really bad. Like, make you rethink your life choices and question the worth of living bad. These movies would have been big enough nightmares to take on individually but watching them all within a 48 hour time span of one another fucked my week up so badly I came within spitting distance of just closing this blog up once and for all and smashing my keyboard so that I would never have to write anything ever again.

As you can imagine, forcing myself to relive certain details just to revel in the “bragging rights” of criticism over them has been a sluggish and painful process that I would happily forego in favor of getting teeth pulled if it would only achieve the same result.


That however, is a tale for next week. Tune in to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment