Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fall 2016 Preview

With Summer done, What’s to come?


Boys and Their Monsters: A small feature but I did mention something “Pete’s Dragon” oriented in my recap of the summer. So why does it bare featuring as a part of a game plan for the foreseeable future? Because it won’t hit its target release of this week that I had intended for it.

In aiming for thoroughness, one of the potential items I’ve been seeking in order to write has been revealed rather difficult to obtain. I’ll pivot if necessary but have in the meantime decided to take up the challenge of whether or not I can retrieve it in a timely and inexpensive fashion.

Never Happily After: Speaking of Disney, after warring with rental stores, second hand sellers, and the Disney Vault, I have finally managed substantial access to all of the films that I need. Expect the results of my double feature with “Return of Jafar” and “Aladdin and the King of Thieves” later next week.

Threatening Threes: The Three Act Structure has led us to put the idea of the trilogy on a pedestal that has provided for a plethora of excellent films and films series. What it unfortunately has also led to is just as many disappointing third entries. Does the perfect film trilogy in Hollywood exist? Let’s painfully find out.

Hidden Depths: We all have beloved films that we hold in high regard even if society at large seems to think otherwise (just ask DC film fans). I am no exception to this. Rather than shout negativity to the masses that “don’t get it” while claiming to be the lone sane person in the room, I figured, why not open up a little bit of discourse by giving more flattering interpretations of movies you might think twice about even if you don’t outright like them.

What’s on the list that may very well have you dropping me under the pretense of “he thought that was a good movie”? You’ll just have to wait and see.

Fromage Fridays: Continuing on its new monthly schedule, Fromage Fridays will make a new approach this month with several thematically connected movies rather than a single flick.


As always, weekly movie reviews will continue to be a staple and I continue to thank you all for continued readership. Your views drive me to keep moving no matter how hard it can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment